The Office of 特殊的程序 coordinates district services in the following areas:
- 英语语言学习者 Program
巴克莱校园, one of the oldest public schools in Oregon, is the home of the Department of 特殊的程序.
The staff at Barclay is truly “special”, and they do amazing work to support our teachers, 学生, 和家庭.
The talented Teachers on Special Assignment (TOSAs) support our teachers with professional development, coaching and peer support in the areas of curriculum and instruction.
- 伊莱恩Morelock provides professional development to district administrative and instructional staff in the use of effective Sheltered Instruction Strategies and English 语言 proficiency assessments. Elaine also provides leadership in parent involvement and coordination of the Spanish-speaking Parent Advisory Committee (PAC).
- 梅格Sundseth provides coordination for numerous aspects of the English 语言 Learner Program, including federal Migrant and Title III programs. Meg also provides professional development to administrators, English 语言 Development (ELD) teachers and regular classroom teachers in the use of Sheltered Instruction Strategies.
The TOSA team is always looking for chances to work with 学生 and teachers, so please consider inviting them into your classroom!
Barclay also houses several staff members and programs whose mission it is to support 学生 和家庭 outside the classroom setting in ways that enable those 学生 to be more fully engaged in school.
- 梅勒妮Thornley keeps our English Learner (EL) Program running smoothly by communicating with all EL staff and keeping track of various records and state reporting requirements. She also handles requests for language translation and scheduling all of the school and district needs for interpreting. Melanie provides background checks for volunteers in addition to these other responsibilities.
- Evelia华雷斯 is a full-time employee of the Clackamas Education Service District (ESD) and is our district’s Migrant Recruiter. Evelia serves as the regional Migrant recruiter for all school districts in Clackamas County and is active in the 俄勒冈城市学区 helping families and 学生 connect with school resources. It is Evelia’s job to ensure that we identify and serve 学生 和家庭 who have moved into the area to follow seasonal work and to provide supports to those families that allow them to be more successful in our community.
- 玛丽埃伦,温特哈尔特 is one of our district’s McKinney-Vento (无家可归的教育) Liaisons who works to identify, track and support our 学生 in transition. She works closely with families to access resources in the community that may help to stabilize their living situations. Mary Ellen also sits on the board of The 先锋储藏室 which provides weekend food for 学生 at OCHS, OCSLA, CAIS和杰克逊预科学校.
- Anabela巴黎 wears multiple hats: she provides administrative support for the McKinney-Vento and Migrant programs. She also serves as the Foster Point of 最靠谱的十大棋牌游戏 and provides interpretation and translation services for the district.
In addition to all these programs, Barclay is also home to the Clackamas County PTA 衣服的衣橱, Resource Center and the annual district-wide Holiday Center (on hiatus for the 20-21 school year).
All of the 特殊的程序 staff play important roles in coordinating, 人员配备, supervising and facilitating services, supports and opportunities that benefit our families.
The department is accepting clothing on Tuesdays from 9 - 1 pm, following Covid-19 safety precautions.
Internal Order Request Form Title 1-A